National Youth Windband of Switzerland
I had the great honor of working with the National Youth Wind Band of Switzerland and developing a complete rebranding, including brand strategy, for the orchestra.
This highly specialized youth orchestra consists of Switzerland’s elite young musicians and has a clear vision: to transcend boundaries. Musical boundaries, linguistic boundaries within the four language regions of Switzerland, and national boundaries through international conductors and competitions.
This transcending of boundaries is symbolized in the typography by stretching the letters and the different shapes within the logo. The guiding principle is „coming together to achieve extraordinary results“.
Logos and symbols
(1) Logo mark for a wind quintet specializing in modern and contemporary music. The logo features a musical note embedded within the five staves.
(2) Logo mark for the national youth wind band of Switzerland.
(3) In these times, just three arrows are not enough. Redesign of the original recycling symbol (1970) with four arrows to show the complexity and importance of recycling in our ever-changing world. My contribution to the 50th anniversary of the original recycling symbol.
(4) Logo mark for a sustainable clothing brand based in Switzerland.
(5) Word mark for the muta orchestra.
(6) Logo mark for a music association, that gathers and represents orchestras in Eastern Switzerland.
(7) Logo mark for a Zurich based music label.
Potatis sans — the potato typeface
We all know the shape of a potato. However, when we grow potatoes, we don’t always have full control over their shape. I occasionally had this feeling when I was developing my first typeface, „Potatis Sans“ (Potatis: Swedish for potato).
Chaos equals fun — the muta orchestra
The 2023 edition of muta orchestra is all about Harry Potter. For this reason, I’ve used four spells from the world of J.K. Rowling (Lumos, Expecto Patronum, Incendio and Accio) to design the concert posters for this year.